DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY
Head of Department
A Welcome Message from Head of Department
On behalf of staff of the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Edo state Polytechnic, Usen, we wish to welcome you to Edo State Polytechnic, Usen. This polytechnic blazes the trail in academic excellence. The polytechnic operates a number of academic programmes including pharmaceutical technology.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Technology was established in the 2014/2015 academic session to provide the much needed skilled middle-man power for the growing pharmaceutical and allied product industry in Nigeria and the world. To produce graduates that will compete favourably in any part of the world.
Currently, we run National Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology and the department is about the most sought after in the School of Applied Sciences.
We have adequate training facilities and manpower. Our teaching staff is drawn from the academics, the hospital and the industry. Our teaching facilities are comparable to none among the polytechnics in Nigeria.
To produce quality, competent and reliable graduates through training rooted in research, practical and workshop.
To produce pharmaceutical technicians that will assist in:
- production processes in pharmaceutical industries
- the maintenance and installation of simple pharmaceutical wares
- carrying out identity and quality tests on drugs and allied products
- obtain information on drugs and other pharmaceutical substances using official reference books
- preparing simple extemporaneous medicament in duly recognized pharmacies and hospitals
- the reading and interpretation of medical prescriptions and if possible dispense such prescriptions
MEET OUR STAFF
Ikhide Olusegun Ohikhuaime
Ikuvbogie Francis Osadebamwen