SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Dr. Edo Monday Taiwo
Dean of Applied Sciences
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN, SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
On behalf of the board and members of staff of the school of applied sciences, I welcome you to this great institution. The school was created in 2010 from the school of Engineering. The aim of the school is to train students in various disciplines of learning and skills acquisition so that they can become self employed and equally fit into industry, academia and government. The school currently runs national diploma (ND) and higher national diploma (HND).
The five department under the school are :
( 1) Computer Science.
(2) Food Science Technology.
(3) Pharmaceutical Technology.
(4) Science Laboratory Technology (SLT) and Statistics.
(5) Agricultural Technology
OVERVIEW OF DEPARTMENTAL PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES IN THE SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES
The objective of the programme is to:
-Solve simple hardware problems
– Use various programming languages
– Know the Operation of Computer systems
– Use Computer packages
– Maintain hardware
– Install and manage a Computer system.
– Design and run efficient programmes in a wide spectrum of fields, and in various languages.
– Advise on the installation and management of Computer facilities.
– Detect technical faults in a Computer installation.
– Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of Computer facilities.
ND Pharmaceutical Technology is designed to produce Pharmaceutical Technicians and Technologists who can assist and take part in the production processes in Pharmaceutical and allied products manufactured and as well as assist in carrying out identification and quality tests on such products.
ND Statistics equips Students to have a broad knowledge of Data collection, collation and how to analyze data.
ND Food Science Technology objective is to:
– Assist in the chemical and biological analysis of raw and processed food
– Store agricultural produce for industrial use
– Assist in all types of industrial food processing and packaging and
– Market all types of processed and preserved food chemicals and equipments.
ND Science Laboratory Technology objective is to:
-Assist in chemical analysis and quality control in the industry (food,
brewing detergent textiles etc) Hospital, Schools ,Colleges and Research
-Assist in Physics and Electronic laboratories with physical analysis and
maintenance of Instrumentation
– Assist in biological and biochemical analysis and experiments in
Hospitals, Schools, Colleges and Research Institutes
-Prepare Students for employment in related work such as Sales,
Marketing, Administration and Management in the industries.