DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
OSITE LUCKY MICHAEL
Head of Department
PHILOSOPHY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The mechanical engineering programme is designed to reflect a FUNCTIONAL philosophy of education. While seeking to achieve academic excellence and promote the furtherance of knowledge, the mechanical engineering programme also seeked to aid “¼ the acquisition of appropriate skills, abilities and competence, both mental and physical as equipment for the individual to live in and contribute to the development of his society ..”
The programme is therefore committed to the production of qualified and competent technicians who will be able to face the challenges concomitant with the aspiration of the country to be technological developed.
And the Technicians to be self-reliant after graduation
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
The objectives aims at producing mechanical engineering technicians for the nation industries, construction firms, public utilities and services the diplomatic should be able to:
Interpret and prepare engineering Drawing of mechanical equipment, their component and systems;
- Carry out machining and fabrication operations.
- Produce machine component and assemble.
- Operate, maintain and service mechanical equipment.
- Prepare appropriate engineering report.
- Carry out plant installation and maintenance
- Apply management principles in organizing supervisory groups and in the arrangement of sequence of activities.
- Acquire and display basic entrepreneur skills.
- Apply adequate information technology (IT) skills.